Licenses and Permits

Recreational fishing and hunting licenses may be purchased online with the E-License option.  The E-License can be printed using your own printer for immediate use or save the PDF of licenses purchased to the electronic device you take with you or by telephone using Visa or MasterCard. Call toll free 1-888-765-2602. An authorization number for immediate use will be provided and licenses will be mailed to the licensee.  A SERVICE FEE IS CHARGED.

Recreational Licenses that are purchased via mobile device- (Smart phone, Laptop, Tablet, etc.) will not receive a license in the mail.  You will receive a text with a temporary authorization number, and an e-mail with the temporary authorization number and a PDF of your licenses which can be saved and printed.  

HIP CERTIFICATION All persons hunting migratory game birds (mourning doves, ducks, geese, woodcock, rails, snipe, coots or gallinules) in Louisiana must be HIP certified in addition to their appropriate licenses.

LIFETIME HUNTING AND FISHING LICENSE are available only through the Baton Rouge Office. For additional information call (225)765-2887.

Duplicates: $2.00 per privilege - no duplicates are allowed for trip licenses

RECREATIONAL OFFSHORE LANDING PERMIT: The Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries (LDWF) developed the Recreational Offshore Landings Permit Program(ROLP) to better quantify and characterize the charter and recreational fishermen that fish beyond Louisiana’s territorial waters.  The permit is available at no cost to the public by clicking here.

Hunter Education Requirements

No person born on or after Sept. 1, 1969, shall procure a hunting license of any kind, unless that person has been issued a certificate of satisfactorily completion of a Hunter Education course approved by LDWF.
  • EXCEPT a person who has not completed a hunter education course may be issued a license with the restriction that they are accompanied by, and under the direct supervision of a person 18 years of age or older who has a valid hunting license or proof of successful completion of a hunter education course. 
  • EXCEPT a person younger than 16 years of age may hunt without such certificate if they are accompanied by, and under the direct supervision, of a person 18 years of age or older who has a valid hunting license or proof of successful completion of a hunter education course. “Direct Supervision” means that the person being supervised shall be within normal audible voice proximity and in direct line of sight of the supervising adult at all times while hunting. 
  • EXCEPT This requirement shall not apply to any active or veteran member of the United States armed services or any POST-certified law enforcement officer who may be issued a hunter education exemption. Application for this exemption may be filed at the LDWF office in Baton Rouge (225-765-2932) or any regional field office. 

For information on scheduling a hunter education course log on to or call 0

Did you know?

Next time you renew your Driver’s license at the Office of Motor Vehicles, you can add the following endorsements to your  license: Lifetime Hunting, Lifetime Fishing,  Lifetime Combination, Boater Education and Hunter Education.